LIVERPOOL MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS
This Scholarship is for Graduate Study in any subject at either Masters or Doctoral level at the University of Liverpool and will be for up to two years (with a possibility of a third year for doctoral studies). If awarded a Liverpool Marshall Scholarship candidates would be expected to study at the University of Liverpool.
The following Information has been provided by University of Liverpool.
The University of Liverpool was founded in 1881 and has been at the forefront of teaching and learning in the UK ever since. Over 22,000 students are currently studying undergraduate, postgraduate masters and PhD programmes in the University's 3 Faculties: Humanities and Social Sciences, Science and Engineering, and Health and Life Sciences. As an internationally renowned Russell Group university, our research is central to everything we do with 81% of our research being ranked as world leading in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework. We are a global university with partnerships across the world, from our partner university in China to our campus in London and worldwide research connections. Over 8,000 international students from more than 110 countries currently make the University of Liverpool their home. Will you be next?
- Associated with 9 Nobel laureates
- First university in the UK to establish a joint venture university in China (XJTLU)
- The oldest Archaeology department in the UK with an on campus museum of archaeology
- Home to the Centre for the Study of International Slavery, supporting and sharing leading research in partnership with National Museums Liverpool
- AAACSB accredited Management School, meeting the standard of excellence which places us in the top 5% of business schools worldwide
- The Science Fiction Foundation Library houses the largest science fiction, fantasy and horror collection in Europe
- Home to the original, and only, football Industries MBA, shaped in collaboration with LFC and leading football industry experts
Liverpool is a vibrant, cosmopolitan and friendly city, and the campus with all its facilities is right in the city centre. With its rich and varied cultural history, Liverpool is home to more museums, galleries, festivals and historic buildings than any other city in the UK, with fantastic events throughout the year. Having been voted both the friendliest and kindest city in the UK, Liverpool welcomes international students to the city which itself is a diverse melting pot of cultures, including the oldest Chinese community in the UK. Liverpool's historic waterfront is a World Heritage site, reflecting in great part the historical links with the US, as the major port of embarkation for Europeans emigrating to the United States and home of the first US consulate in the UK. Despite being a major European city, Liverpool is within a short distance of the mountains of North Wales and the Lake District and is connected to mainland Europe and beyond via the nearby Liverpool and Manchester international airports.