LEEDS MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS
This Scholarship is for Graduate Study in any subject at either Masters or Doctoral level at the University of Leeds and will be for up to two years (with a possibility of a third year for doctoral studies). If awarded a Leeds Marshall Scholarship candidates would be expected to study at the University of Leeds.
The following Information has been provided by the University of Leeds.
The University of Leeds, established in 1904, is one of the largest Universities in the UK, with more than 38,000 students from over 170 different countries. A member of the Russell Group, Leeds is ranked in the top 100 universities in the QS World University Rankings 2022 and we have been welcoming international students for over 100 years.
We have a reputation for research quality and excellence which is affirmed by achieving a Gold Award in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
Our students benefit from an excellent range of opportunities and facilities throughout their studies while our graduates are recruited by leading employers in the UK and worldwide.
- A wide range of masters and research degree courses across Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering, Business, Environment and Medicine and Health Sciences.
- 90% of our research has a quality rating of “world-leading” or "internationally excellent” according to the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- Our research aims to make a positive difference to the world, addressing local and global challenges, reducing inequalities and helping achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Third most targeted UK University by graduate employers (The Graduate Market in 2021 High Fliers Research).
- Third in the UK for student experience (Times Higher Education Student Survey 2018).
- Guaranteed university housing for international fee payers.
- Award-winning Leeds University Union is one of the best and most active students’ unions in the country. With more than 300 student-led clubs and societies, there is something for everyone whatever your interest.
Life in Leeds
Leeds is a lively and multicultural city in the centre of the UK, with the University campus just a 10-minute walk from the city centre. Leeds is well connected nationally and internationally with excellent transport links by road, rail and air, and benefits from being equal distance between London and Edinburgh. We have everything you would expect from the UK’s third-largest and fastest-growing city and we are surrounded by beautiful, accessible countryside. Leeds is also the second largest business centre in the UK after London and a popular student city.
Leeds is a great place to live and we have an impressive range of accommodation from modern, purpose-built apartments to converted mansions both on and off campus. University accommodation, both catered and self-catered, is guaranteed for students paying international fees who apply before the deadline.