KENT MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS
This Scholarship is for Graduate Study in any subject at either Masters or Doctoral level at the University of Kent and will be for up to two years (with a possibility of a third year for doctoral studies). If awarded a Kent Marshall Scholarship candidates would be expected to study at the University of Kent.
The following Information has been provided by the University of Kent.
- Awarded gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). Read Kent's Statement of Findings
- Based on the most recent Research Excellence Framework, Kent was ranked in the top 20 for research intensity in the Times Higher Education (THE), outperforming 11 of the 24 Russell Group universities
- Ranked in the top 500 of the world’s universities by Shanghai Ranking's 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU)
- Ranked among the top 50 in the THE new European Teaching Rankings
- Successful in a joint bid to develop Kent and Medway Medical School (KMMS)
- Winner of the Outstanding Support for Students award for the second year running at the 2018 Times Higher Education (THE) Awards
- Winner of the 2019 Healthcare Pioneer Award. Researchers at the Medway School of Pharmacy have developed a new method of monitoring heart problems in patients attending GP surgeries
- Ranked 32nd out of 149 UK higher education institutions for our success rate in securing national research funding
- Awarded £4.3m from the Cultural Development Fund towards the development of the Thames Estuary area as Europe's largest creative corridor
- Awarded a €3.9m grant for a project that aims to provide an historical, cultural and social understanding of the roots of migration
- Canterbury: Kent’s original site is situated on beautiful parkland overlooking the city of Canterbury. All facilities are based on campus
and the wide range of courses span the humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Medway: Professionally focused, research-led programmes with an emphasis on cultural and creative industries, health and management, supported by industry-standard facilities at two sites: Pembroke and The Historic Dockyard Chatham.
- Tonbridge: located in west Kent, our part-time centre offers a wide variety of study days and short courses in the humanities and social sciences as well as bespoke professional training for business and government.