BRADFORD MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS
This Scholarship is for Graduate Study in any subject at either Masters or Doctoral level at the University of Bradford and will be for up to two years (with a possibility of a third year for doctoral studies). If awarded a Bradford Marshall Scholarship candidates would be expected to study at the University of Bradford.
The following Information has been provided by the University of Bradford.
The University of Bradford is one of the world’s great technology universities, providing high-quality teaching, underpinned by cutting-edge research with practical applications to solve tomorrow’s problems. The University is committed to helping all its students to lead fulfilling lives, become global citizens, and make a difference to the world.
Bradford collaborates closely with local, regional, national and multinational businesses from across all sectors of the global economy ranging from associations with local employers through its employer engagement initiatives, to overseas partnerships including those in Singapore, Poland, Malaysia, Pakistan and India. Global and local partnerships inform the University’s curriculum and provide inspirational work placements.
- Founded in 1832 as the Mechanics Institute, in 1966 the University of Bradford became Britain’s 40th university
- A global village with over 120 different nationalities at the University, and almost 10,000 students studying in the UK and overseas
- The School of Management is one of an elite group of business schools across the world to have achieved Triple Crown Accreditation from EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB
- The first university based Peace Studies Department in the world
- The first university based Business School in the UK
- Top 10 in the UK for Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Optometry & Opthalmics, Medical Technology and Forensic Science by The Complete University Guide 2019
- 3rd in the UK for Chemical Engineering in the Guardian University League Table 2019
- Distance Learning MBA ranked number 1 in the world for value for money and 4th in the world for career progress (Financial Times Online MBA Ranking 2019)
- Awarded Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education.
- 94% of Bradford’s graduates go into work or further study within six months of graduation – (HESA 2017)
- 96% of research is world-leading, internationally excellent or internationally recognised (Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014)
- The University strongly supports entrepreneurship among its students and graduates to help shape their future
- Students have fantastic work placement opportunities and benefit from the University’s global network of potential employers
- 1st in the UK for Visa Support (International Student Barometer 2017) 15. Top 5 in the UK for satisfaction with living and accommodation costs, and financial support (International Student Barometer 2017)
You’ll love the friendly and inclusive community spirit here in Bradford. There's always something happening on campus, and so many opportunities to explore a new interest, learn a new skill, and meet new people. Campus is based in the heart of a vibrant, diverse city with loads to discover, and plenty more right on our doorstep. Accommodation options are available on-campus in the form of a modern apartments or townhouses in The Green, an award-winning secure and self-contained student village, which is currently one of the most sustainable developments in the world.
Bradford is one of the largest cities in the UK, a young, enterprising city of over 500,000 people. It’s an exciting place to be a student – it’s friendly, diverse and there’s so much to do. You'll find a great selection of restaurants here - we've been Curry Capital of the UK for a record six years in a row! Head to the Independent Quarter around North Parade for buzzing bars and cafes, and be sure to check out Sunbridge Wells: an underground entertainment complex like no other.
Bradford is the world’s first UNESCO City of Film, and the perfect place for a movie lover. There are numerous cinemas across the city (including an IMAX screen), and regular festivals and special events.
As well as the fantastic sports scene on campus, Bradford has plenty to offer the sporting mad, including Bradford City Football Club and Bradford Bulls RLFC. If you enjoy the great outdoors you’ll find thousands of square miles of spectacular moors, woodlands, lakes and mountains within easy reach of Bradford. There are four national parks to explore: Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors, Lake District and Peak District. Each one is a walker’s paradise, with picturesque villages and tourist destinations to take in along the way.
For further information
Details of all of our courses are available from our home page here: www.bradford.ac.uk
If you would like to experience our campus, you can do so from the comfort of your home via the Virtual Experience here: www.bradford.ac.uk/virtual-experience/
Hear what our international students have to say about the University on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/ftAsjQm3Yro
For details specific to international students, including arrival and visa information check out our international pages here: www.bradford.ac.uk/international/
If you would like to find out more about the City of Bradford you can see the Visit Bradford tourist information website here: www.visitbradford.com
We would be delighted hear from you, you can either chat live to us on our website, call us on +44 (0) 800 073 1225, email firstname.lastname@example.org or if your enquiry is specifically about the Marshall Scholarship you can speak to the Scholarships Team on email@example.com