CARDIFF MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS
This Scholarship is for Graduate Study in any subject at either Masters or Doctoral level at Cardiff University and will be for up to two years (with a possibility of a third year for doctoral studies). If awarded a Cardiff Marshall Scholarship candidates would be expected to study at Cardiff University.
The following Information has been provided by Cardiff University.
Cardiff University is an ambitious, innovative and vibrant university, ranked in the top 150 universities in the world. We are the only Russell Group University in Wales and are incredibly proud of our diverse community, with over 31,000 students enrolled, representing more than 100 countries.
Ranked 5th in the UK for the quality of our research in the most recent Research Excellence Framework, our dynamic and innovative approach to higher education places us among the world’s top 50 elite institutions in many subjects.
Academic life at Cardiff University is challenging and rewarding, with our students being taught by leading academic staff in over 200 taught Masters programmes across the University.
Our academic staff have won many honours and awards in recognition of their innovations and discoveries. These include:
• 2 Nobel Prize winners
• 9 Fellows of the Royal Society
• 10 Fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering
• 5 Fellows of the British Academy
• 20 Fellows of the Academy of Medical Sciences
• 4 Academicians of the Academy of Social Sciences
• Member of the elite Russell Group of the top 24 research-led universities in the UK
• Modern facilities alongside a prestigious heritage – 135 years old
• Study abroad and global opportunities – students are encouraged to be mobile and participate in overseas work, study and volunteering opportunities
• One of the biggest and best students’ unions in the UK, voted Top 4 in the UK and top students’ union in Wales (Which? University Student Survey 2017)
• Over 180 societies and 60 sports clubs • Cardiff is much cheaper to live and study in than many other UK cities – 2nd most affordable student City in the UK (2018), yet just 2 hours from London by train
• A Civic University located in the historic heart of the city and surrounded by over 330 public parks and gardens like Bute Park, which make Cardiff one of UK’s greenest cities
Bustling with personality, Cardiff is a city made for students, offering an endless string of entertainment opportunities while remaining inexpensive and easy to navigate.
Cardiff is a compact city with an enormous character. Nestled between the rugged coastline and breathtaking mountainous scenery of Wales, the country’s capital is a cornucopia of culture, marrying historical delights with cosmopolitan amenities.
Boasting an incredible live music scene, an exciting and independent-led culinary culture and hosting a range of huge sporting events, Cardiff is not shy of things to do. Combine this with the castle which occupies the city centre, the National Museum, and one of the top 10 most beautiful University campuses in the UK, and you can see why Wales’ capital city is a wonderful place to study.