The applications for the 2024 Marshall Scholarships are now closed.
Marshall Scholarship - Candidate Evaluation Criteria
We are looking for candidates who have the potential to excel as scholars, as leaders and as contributors to improved UK-US understanding. In doing so, we recognise the value of diversity among applicants and promote equality of opportunity.
The selection criteria are divided into three equally weighted categories:
We hope and expect that our Scholars will represent the breadth of talent in today's United States of America.
Who is Eligible?
Before completing the application candidates are advised to consider the objectives of the Marshall Scholarship Programme (see opening paragraph of the Rules for Candidates) and to be aware that the selection committees are seeking candidates who have the potential to excel as scholars, leaders and as contributors to improved UK-US understanding.
To be eligible for a 2024 Marshall Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be citizens of the United States of America (at the time they apply for a scholarship);
- (By the time they take up their scholarship i.e. September 2024) hold their first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States;
- Have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7 on their undergraduate degree at the time of application. We do not accept rounded GPA's.
- Have graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2021.
- Not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University or GCSE or A Levels taken at school in the UK.