The Marshall Aid Commemoration Commission regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as important to our successful operations and to the maintenance of confidence of those with whom we deal.
We will ensure that our staff and those acting on our behalf obtain, use and disclose personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection, as set out in the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"). We shall apply the Act globally, except where part or all of any local law is stronger.
In particular we will:
- observe the conditions in the Act regarding the fair collection and use of personal information;
- meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which we process personal information, this information being set out in our data protection notification particulars which can be found on the Information Commissioner's website at www.dpr.gov.uk;
- collect and process appropriate personal information, only to the extent that it is needed to fulfill our operational needs or to comply with any legal requirement;
- ensure the accuracy of any personal information kept by us;
- ensure that the rights of people about whom personal information is held, are able to be exercised fully under the Act;
- take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information;
Please note that where our website contains links to other
websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and
this statement applies solely to any personal information collected by the Online Application system.